Everyone dreams of becoming a programmer, IT specialist, in extreme cases, a manager in a large company. But they forget that the main thing in their niche is to be a specialist. And it is especially necessary to know your profession well if it is connected with electricity. For example – electricians.
How much does an electrician make?
A question that worries everyone at the initial stage of choosing a profession. Electricians are no exception.
Simple electricians from the housing office – a middle-aged man, with a three-day stubble (often with fumes) and a simple tool in a shabby bag, consisting mainly of a light bulb with two wires, a screwdriver, and pliers, do not earn much. His list of responsibilities is too simple: change the light bulbs in the entrance, the sockets, where necessary, rewind the burnt wires. Of course, no one will pay handsomely for such skills.
But modern electricians are capable of more:
- Carry out the wiring in an apartment or house from scratch. According to regulatory documents, with the obligatory preparation of a project, drawings, etc.
- Eliminate a malfunction of any complexity, be it a breakdown in the wall or incorrect operation of a low-current network.
- Laying up to several kilometers of wires on one site in just a few days.
- Arrive on call at any time of the day.
- Always neat and looking good, which is important for any master.
Such professionals are paid more solidly. For example, it costs at least $ 700 to install electrical wiring from scratch in a one-room apartment. And this is the cost of purely work.
Cons of the profession
The main disadvantage of the electricians profession in danger. Yes, yes, the real danger, because sometimes you have to work under voltage and the wrong movement or action can lead to “electric shock”. And the effect of electric current on the human body, as you know, entails very negative consequences.
Another drawback in working for an uncle. But this is basically the case everywhere: a solid profit can be obtained only by working “on free bread”. Even in the most popular office, the electrician will receive a certain, strictly rationed amount, rarely changing from the number of orders.
Personal properties of an Electrician
1.Attentiveness and caution, responsibility and accuracy. Often, not only the normal operation of the electrical network depends on the actions of an electrician, but also his own life, since he often has to work under voltage;
2. Sharp eyesight. A visually impaired electrician can easily stick a screwdriver in a completely different place where it was planned, and, as a result, remain disabled or disconnect an entire enterprise;
3. Physical endurance and good vestibular apparatus. In other cases, it is required to climb high up and spend time in uncomfortable positions, which is beyond the power of people with weakened legs and the body in general.
There are other medical contraindications. For example, in the case of diseases of the spine, the path to electricians is not available. With a poorly functioning heart, problems with the lungs, and mental disorders, you should also not choose this profession as a field of activity.
How to Become a Highly Paid Electrician
There is only one answer: just learn. If education is secondary, then it is urgently necessary to get higher education. With a diploma in electrical engineering, you can already get a job at an enterprise, for example, as a power engineer.
It is very important to devote time to self-development, now all conditions have been created for this: the Internet, e-books, videos on YouTube, video courses, simulation programs, and much more. You can also look for help in the worldwide information network when a malfunction is found, which significantly speeds up the process.
The most important thing in the profession of an electricians is not to be afraid of new discoveries. Understand the operation of differential machines, RCDs, voltage relays, and phase priority. It is imperative to understand how a multimeter works, to constantly acquire a new instrument, and improve yourself in its use.